Belkin is into the digital market from the last 30 years and is continuously providing the best services to its user in terms of high-speed internet connectivity devices. It has a wide range of products available in the market which you can use with your smartphone, tablet or computer to connect them to the internet.
However, things don’t go as it is always. There are certain things that you need to change after a regular interval of time. The firmware update is one, among them. Some people want to update the version of Firmware of their Belkin router because they are getting problem in connecting the devices to the internet. Therefore we have bought an easy step through which you can update the firmware version.
Why there’s a need to update the firmware of Belkin router?
Before proceeding further, you must know what Firmware exactly is? As we are aware of the fact that electronic devices are prone to online attacks from spammer or hackers, so in order to remain protected, the companies keep on updating the firmware version of their devices which have built-in security system against hackers.
Apart from this, you will find the most recent features in every firmware update that can only be enjoyed after installing it.
What steps are required to update the firmware of the router?
- First of all, connect the router to the computer with the help of Ethernet cable. You must try to make a wired connection in place of Wireless one because it is break-free.
- Check model number and version of Firmware currently installed in the router.
- Download Firmware.
- Perform an update.
Steps in detail to update the firmware:
- Download Belkin router firmware: Download the latest firmware version from the Belkin’s website.
- Don’t forget to check the hardware version of the Belkin router before downloading the firmware. Go to Belkin page.
- Enter the model number of the router in ‘Search box’ followed by pressing Enter.
- If any new update is available, it will be notified on the screen. You can select and start to download.
- Do read the instructions carefully before proceeding to the downloading part.
Firmware updating process after downloading:
- When the downloading gets completed, the next step is to install the same on the device. To install and update the firmware, follow the steps mentioned here as under:
- Open a web browser and enter the IP address of the router. The IP address is 192.168.2.1.
- Now, you will notice a setup screen on the front screen.
- Click on ‘Update firmware’.
- When you click on this option, you will be taken to the login page, where you are prompted to enter a password.
- Tap ‘Firmware update upload’ by selecting the drive where you have download the update.
- Click to ‘Apply’ changes.
- When you click on ‘Apply changes’, the router will get restarted several times. It is normal, so nothing to worry.
- The complete update process may take 30 to 35 minutes so, you need to sit back and relax. The actual time depends on the file size of the new update.
After the update, you can start using the Belkin router normally without any problem.
We have best facility for Belkin Setup n600 and Belkin n600 Setup, so if you want to do wireless router setup, password reset or fix network connectivity settings, then take our help. If you also want to perform Belkin router setup, then you should make sure that all the connections have been properly done. If you come across any issue while setting up Belkin router, then you should consult experts. For further information, you can visit our website: https://www.belkin.com