If you have a home or business wireless network, it is important to secure the connection by creating a password and locking the wireless signal to unauthorized users. It’s always a good idea to keep your router password information in a safe place, but it’s easy to lose track of this information over time.
Without a password, you will not be able to access your wireless network or make any changes to its security settings. Fortunately, Belkin routers can be unlocked quite easily, whether you have access to the internet or not. To unlock your Belkin N600 Router, you need a sharp object because that is how you can reset the router and fix the damn thing afterward.
Here is how you can fix the problem of locked Belkin Router.
Reset your Belkin Router
- Locate the reset button on your Belkin router. This button is pushed into a size pinhole at the back of the router near the Ethernet ports and the power jack. Depending on the model of your Belkin router, this small hole could also be located on either side of the unit.
- Press the RESET button with the tip of a pencil, pin or paper clip unfolded.
- Watch for the LEDs on the front of the router to flash. Once the lights stop flashing, release the reset button. The router is now reset and has been restored to its factory settings. All security settings that were previously saved in the router have been completely unlocked.
- Now, you will have to access router settings. For that, you need to type “192.168.2.1” (without the quotation marks) in the address bar of your web browser and press the “Enter” key. Type the numbers as shown, do not include “http://” or www.
- Enter your password when the router login screen appears. If you do not know the password, leave the field empty and click on “Submit”.
- Click “Security” in the wireless menu on the left side of the page. This will give you access to the current settings of your router. Make changes to the security settings as needed to unlock the router and access the wireless network.
This is how you can unlock your Belkin Router and start using it in the same way as you were using before. If you come across any problem while performing the aforementioned steps, then you can directly contact Belkin Router support providers for a quick and accurate solution. If you think you have performed the steps in the right way, yet facing the problem, then you might be having some other problem related to your router. In that case, you can get your router check from either the Belkin service center or some third-party expert.
We can help you with the process of Belkin setup N600, so if you are using N600 Wi-Fi Range Extender and want to configure Belkin n600 Setup with Belkin router or any other brand of router, then you will have to keep both devices close to each other. If you don’t want to indulge into the setup process, then you can visit the Belkin’s website for help.