You can configure the router in 2 ways mainly. One way is by using the CD that comes with the device and another one is entering the router’s settings manually. Today, we are going to discuss the steps on how to skip automatic settings and configure the Belkin router manually.
- Unplug the modem provided by the internet service provider from the power outlet. Connect the Belkin router to the modem using Ethernet cable. Now, connect the devices to their respective power adapters.
- Locate wireless network name and password on the Belkin router which is generally given at the bottom of hardware. From your computer, select the router’s name and enter the password by copying it from the bottom of the device.
- Now, you need to open the browser on your computer. It can be any like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox or Safari.
- On the web browser, enter the IP address of your router to go to the setup page. The web address IP is 192.168.2.1 for Belkin routers.
- Press ‘Enter’ from the keyboard.
- After pressing enter, you will find a page which says, ‘Let’s connect to the internet’. Click on ‘Setup the Belkin router manually’.
- Select the connection type used by the internet service provider. There are mainly 3 types of connection type available on every internet service. These are:
- Dynamic Connection: This connection type is used where you don’t want to enter the username and password to login to the internet. Select the ‘Dynamic’ connection type from the list in such conditions. Follow on-screen instructions.
- PPPoE connection: In case the username and password are given by the internet service provider, select PPPoE connection type. You need to enter the same username and password in the desired fields and try establishing the connection.
- Static connection: For static connection type, a unique login ID and password is provided to the user by the internet service provider. After entering the static values in the given field, click ‘Try my connection’.
- Once you are done with ‘Connection type’. Try entering the other values as asked on the page. When all the fields are properly entered, you will find a status on the screen, ‘You are online’. After this, the router will start searching for an update if available any for the firmware. It is recommended to update the firmware of the router as soon as it is available.
Updating the firmware not only remove the bugs and fixes but also add more and more protection and security to the devices connected to the internet via Belkin router. If you find any problem in updating the router, you can get online support from the experts.
We offer support for Belkin Range Extender. If you are using this Wi-Fi range extender and want to know how to Belkin Range Extender Setup and Belkin Wifi Extender Setup, then you should get in touch with our experts.