Do you want to set up a Belkin modem router on your home network? If yes, then the steps are quite simple and the guide will help you in configuring through the dashboard.
Pre-requisites: Before starting with the process, there are some pre-requisites that must be fulfilled in order to have the proper setup. These are given here as under:
- Wired personal computer with the modem.
- The IP address of your Belkin router. You can check the IP address either from the back of your device or from the website.
- Router’s username and password. The default username and password are also written on the sticker pasted behind.
If you are fulfilling all conditions, then move forward to start the setup process. The steps are mentioned below:
- Open the web browser of your computer. It can be any like Chrome, Mozilla or Internet Explorer. If you are using Mac, open Safari and in the address bar, enter the IP address followed by pressing ‘Enter’.
By default, the IP address of the Belkin router is 192.168.2.1. If it is not working, then you might have changed it. Enter the recent IP address and press ‘Enter’. If the IP address you are searching for is not available, you can get the list of default IP addresses from the expert team.
- You will find router welcome page on the screen. Click on ‘Dashboard’. By default, there isn’t any password configured on the router. So, you need to configure it manually or leave the field as it is. Yes, if you find the dashboard is locked due to the incorrect password entered multiple times, you can reset it by clicking on the respective link. This will bring all the settings to factory default and the router will start working as it does earlier. For more information related to password reset, you can go to the link given on the home page.
- Go to ‘Advanced’ settings from the home settings.
- Tap WAN and search for ‘ISP connection type’.
- You will find 3 options for connection type which are Dynamic, Static and PPPoE.
- In Dynamic type, you will have to enter the default value for DHCP connections and requires you to enter hostname from ISP.
- Static type requires all the details related to IP address, Subnet mask, ISP gateway and DNS address of your Internet service provider. Last but not least, PPPoE in which you have to only enter the username and password of your internet service provider.
- Click to Save.
- You can use the ADSL cable to connect the cable modem to the ADSL outlet.
- Restart your router and check if you are able to connect to the internet or not.
You will find a message, ‘Your Belkin router is successfully configured’ on screen. This means you can now connect N-number of devices to the internet through Belkin router.
We provide support for Belkin router, so if you want to do Belkin Setup n300, password reset or fix network connectivity settings, then take our help. To know Belkin Setup n600 related issues, wifi extender not working issues and other range extender related issues, then visit the Belkin’s official support website: https://www.belkin.com/us/support/.