One of the most popular internet services in the US is known as ‘Comcast’. When people needed fast and reliable internet, they opt for Comcast because there is no other service provider that offers as good of an internet service other than the one in discussion. However, the performance of Comcast also depends on the router that is being used by the user. Today, we will be discussing the process of connecting Comcast internet service with Belkin Wireless Router. Therefore, if you are using Belkin router and subscribed to Comcast internet service, then this post is going to be of great use to you.
There is no reason to point out how to configure the Belkin wireless router to work with the Comcast Internet service. It is a well evident fact that there are certainly some differences in hardware, but wireless routers are specifically designed to operate with a wide range of products and services. It is only going to take a few minutes for both platforms to connect together, and in order to do so, you just need a set of network cables. The process resembles a lot with connecting any other router to any internet service provider (ISP).
Steps to connect Belkin Router with Comcast:
- Remove the power cord from the back of the Comcast cable modem.
- Connect the Ethernet cable to the “Internet” port on Comcast cable modem.
- Plug the other end of the Ethernet cable into the “Internet” port, which you can find on the back of your Belkin wireless router. After that, you need to plug the power cord of your Belkin Router into the closest power outlet. Connect the power cable for the Comcast modem.
- Insert the Belkin installation CD included with your Belkin router into the computer’s disk drive. Wait for the installation wizard to launch. Click “Settings” in the window that you see on the screen.
- Enter the SSID name and password for the router in the correct fields that you see on the screen. To obtain this information, you can check the information card that is connected to the side of your Belkin Router. After that, click “Next” for setting up Belkin router with the Comcast Internet service. Once the process is complete, you will see a “Success” message.
Advice and warnings
To have additional security, you need to change the SSID and password after you configure the router with Comcast internet service in a proper manner. You should also write down the details on a dairy to use it later on.
So, that was the process of connecting Belkin Router with Comcast internet service. If you come across any issue while following the steps or after performing the process, then you can get in touch with the Belkin wireless router setup and support providers because they can help you with this matter.