A Belkin G wireless router is a device that can create a wide range of wireless computer or Internet network in your home or workplace. The Wireless G router can take any type of existing Internet connection and turn it into a wireless network – even a satellite Internet connection. To set everything up correctly, first, connect the router to the satellite modem, and then configure the router via your web browser.
- Connect the router of the Belkin Wireless G computer to the satellite Internet modem with an Ethernet cable. Once the Ethernet cable is successfully connected to both devices, an indicator light appears on the front of the Belkin Wireless G router.
- On your computer, you need to launch your web browser.
- As the web browser opens, you will have to enter the IP address of the Belkin Wireless G router in the address bar of your web browser. The IP address of the Belkin Wireless G router is “http: //192.168.2.1” (without the quotation marks).
- Enter the user name for the Belkin Wireless G router. There is no password if you have not specified one yourself before. Click “Submit” to view the “Settings” page of the Belkin G wireless router.
- Use the “General” tab to give your Belkin Wireless G router network a name. This name will be required to identify your network to the computers that are trying to connect to it.
- Use the “Security” tab to configure a password for the network you are creating from the Belkin Wireless G router. You can choose the type of encryption you want to put on the network, and then either choose your password or have one generated in a random way for you. Once this is done, the Belkin Wireless G router will be set up and configured for use with the Internet connection via the satellite.
In case, you are not able to connect your Belkin Wireless G Router to the satellite, then you need to go through the steps that you’ve just performed. If the steps are correct, yet you are not able to connect the router to the satellite, then there must be some other kind of problem, which your router is experiencing. To find out what the problem is, you can go online and search for the troubleshooting steps. Or, you can get in touch with Belkin Router experts regarding the same.