Setting up printer on router doesn’t require any additional technical knowledge. You can setup just with the help on screen instructions. But what if the printer you are connected is displaying ‘Not connected’ message on screen. Don’t worry, we are going to brief some steps that will help you in fixing this problem.
Belkin is considered to be the best wireless router for home as well as for commercial networks. You can easily configure and use its inbuilt features available on the dashboard. There is a simple console available on 192.168.2.1 IP address.
Diagnose the problem first
First of all, you must diagnose the problem by asking the questions to yourself and relate them with your problem. Have you purchased the new printer or the old one and is there some problem with the on-off mode of the printer or not. Another question to be asked is whether you know the password or login key for Belkin router or not. This is required for making a connection.
Have you installed the printer properly? If not, then there is certainly some issue with the printer.
Finally, you have tried to connect the printer to the Belkin router through the network and unfortunately, the connection gets disconnected.
How to troubleshoot the problem?
- Restart your computer and the wireless router and after this restart the printer as well and wait till the computer gets connected to the router. Check if the printer is started working or not.
- Uninstall the printer drivers and app downloaded on a smart device and download the fresh version of the app from the official website. Install the drivers and setup the wireless connection on your printer.
- You can connect the printer manually to the network by using ‘Printer settings’. Go to ‘Network area’ and click on ‘WLAN Network’. Search for home or office network from the printer screen.
- Once selected, enter a password for the same and get it connected to the printer.
- What else you require is the password for your Belkin router. If you are entering the URL of your router login, then enter the details like username and password.
- It is suggested to change the default password of your Belkin router. Open 192.168.2.1 and change the password after entering the default password once.
- Check Firewall and Antivirus settings. Sometimes, these security measures block the connection and prevent the printer from connecting to the router. The best workaround for this situation is to disable the Antivirus and other ‘Firewall’ settings for some time.
- You can use the WPS button given at the back of the hardware to reset the router connection with the printer.
- If there is still the same problem on the router, hard reset the router and configure the printer again from default. To get any help, you can contact router manufacturers. We provide support for Belkin Router setup and Belkin Wireless Router Setup like no one else. To find out as to how to setup your Belkin router with Wi-Fi extender, you will have to go through the steps given at the official Belkin support website: https://www.belkin.com/us/support/