Belkin routers are certainly growing popular these days, as they offer its users with a wide range of products, which serve their purpose of making Wi-Fi connection accessible without any problem.
The Belkin N300 wireless router will help you disperse a wireless connection all-around your home or office. This product offers four Ethernet ports, which will allow 4 devices such as laptops, tablets and computers to connect to the internet at the same time. Once, you have set up the connection, you can stream online videos, play games or surf the internet.
However, all that can stop if you see ‘Orange’ light on the router. If you want to know why that happens, then that is exactly what we are going to discuss now.
It is essential for you to understand the source of a problem before searching for its solutions. So, here is why you see this Orange Light:
- The issue can arise if the connection between the router and the client devices isn’t established properly.
- Secondly, it means that somehow your router is not able to access the internet through the main source. The reason being, you are using a defected modem.
- Thirdly, there is insufficient power supply.
There are certain types of light that your Belkin router emits from time to time. Each light has its own meaning such as blue or white light means the router is undergoing a reset. Solid blue or Green light indicates the internet connection is successfully rooted. If you see a solid Orange light, then that means the device connected is not stable. In the case of blinking Orange light, your Belkin Router is unable to detect the internet.
Way to fix the orange light:
If the problem is with the connection, then you should reset your Belkin device. As you do so, you will get better connectivity as well as experience your desired speed. Resetting device will fix up the orange light emitted by a Belkin Router.
If the Belkin wireless router is connected with the help of modem to your computer. You need to check that the modem is building a safe connection with the two devices. The placement of Ethernet cable and LAN cable should be installed properly with the respective devices.
How to Reset your Belkin router?
To go through the process, we suggest you to carefully follow the below-mentioned steps:-
- This is a manual process, so you will have to make the changes to the router yourself. After that, you will have to search for ‘Reset’ button, which will be located at the back or bottom of the router. As, the reset button is deep inside the device, so you need to push it with a pointed object such as a pin or paperclip.
- Push and hold the button for 5-8 seconds. Then, you will notice the LEDs on the Belkin Router will start blinking, which means the router has been reset.
- The router settings have been changed to factory defaults. So, you can now configure your router with the device.
After configuring the router, you will be able to use the device without facing further problems.