Some people noticed that due to some reasons, some websites are not opening properly on their system and they find no error message on the screen. When they tried to check the status of their internet connection, it was found working normally.
Reasons why they are getting the ‘Not responding Error’ from DNS servers
- The server hosting the website might be down for some temporary time period.
- DNS servers either corrupted or working inappropriately on your computer.
- The security software installed on the computer might be blocking some websites due to privacy concern.
Now, we are going to suggest some steps to fix ‘DNS Not responding error’ from your computer.
- Reset IP and Winstock: In order to reset the corrupted IP or Winsock, you can follow the steps mentioned here as under:
- Go to ‘Command Prompt with Admin privilege’. This will be opened through the ‘Command window’ from ‘Start’ button.
- Click to type ‘Cmd’ in the search field. You need to run the program under ‘Run as administrator’ option.
- Enter ipconfig/flushdns
- netsh reset c:\resetlog.txt
- netsh Winsock reset
- Restart your computer and check the problem whether it is resolved or not. If not, follow the next troubleshooting step.
- Power cycle Belkin router: Sometimes restarting the networking devices like modem and router may solve the purpose as the complete settings will be cleared or restored once you power cycle it. Turn off your computer as well as a router for half a minute so that the electric charge gets fully drained. Now, wait for some minutes to turn it on again. Restart both the devices and check if the problem of DNS has been resolved or not. If not, follow the next troubleshooting guide.
- Use of Global DNS: Change the DNS server of your router from the ISP to the Global one. You can get the Global DNS from private or non-profit organizations. Each server address has its own advantages and features. The process to change the DNS server address is discussed here as under:
- Press window+R key to open the Run window. Under this, type Ncpa.cpl. When you press enter, all the network connections will be displayed on the screen.
- Right click on Local area connection followed by ‘Properties’. If you are using a wireless connection, then click ‘Open network connections’.
- Select internet protocol version i: e, IPv4 then on ‘Properties’.
- After selecting the protocol version and type, use the below-mentioned DNS server address.
- Change it to Global DNS address by entering 22.214.171.124.
- Apart from the above-mentioned address, you can also try entering 126.96.36.199 in the preferred DNS address and in Google DNS enter 188.8.131.52 in place of 184.108.40.206.
Using Alternate DNS will usually fix most of the problems related to it on your Belkin router.
We provide support for Belkin router, so if you want to do wireless router setup, password reset or fix network connectivity settings, then take our help. To know Belkin Setup n600 and Belkin n600 Setup related issues, wifi extender not working issues and other range extender related issues, you can visit the Belkin’s Official Support Website: https://www.belkin.com/us/support/