The best way of accessing the internet is when there is no interference, no disturbance in the signal strength. Belkin Routers offer strong and seamless signal strength, especially Belkin N Series Routers. Today, we will be discussing the process of setting up a Belkin N600 Router, so if you are using this particular router, then this post is of great help to you.
Before setting up the Belkin N600 Router, you need to make sure that you have a properly working internet connection, an Ethernet cable, and a computer.
You can easily set up your router with smartphone or tablet using a web browser such as Chrome, Firefox, MS Edge and others. You should also reset the router as that makes setting up process easier.
Install a Belkin N600 Router:
- Connect Belkin Router to the main power outlet to turn on the router.
- Connect the router with a modem using an Ethernet cable.
- Connect your PC to the router using one more Ethernet cable.
- In case, you don’t have two Ethernet cables, reset Belkin Router and on your computer, click ‘Wireless Icon’.
- Connect your computer with unsecured Belkin Router and then, open your web browser.
- Once your PC connects with Belkin Router, open your web browser, then type ‘192.168.2.1’ in the address bar and hit ‘Enter’.
Appearing of Belkin Dashboard or Setup Page:
Once your Belkin N600 Router is detected by your modem, configure the settings in your router like SSID (network name) and password.
- To change or create a new password, go to ‘Wireless settings’ and apply the changes.
- After setting up a Belkin Router, restart it along with your computer.
- Your Router is now configured and it’s time for you to access the internet.
If you encounter any problem while setting up Belkin N600 router, restart the modem and router and then, follow the steps given in the steps above.
Another way for Belkin N600 Router Setup:
- To set up Belkin N600 Router using one Ethernet cable, connect the modem with Belkin wireless router and turn on both modems as well as the router.
- Check on the computer for a new Belkin network name.
- Click on that new network and connect with Belkin Router web interface using that new network.
- If you’re asked to enter a password, check the router box to find a card inside. Or, you can check the default password on the back of the router.
If you can’t find the password, reset Belkin router using reset key given at the back of the router.
- Reset the router, then click ‘connect’. If you have found the password and you’ve entered it, then you will be taken to Belkin Router Setup page where you can set up Belkin N600 router by going through on-screen instructions.
- You can customize Belkin Router and control settings such as parental control, password, channel, and access to certain websites.
Tip: If the aforementioned steps fail to work, then don’t you reset your router multiple numbers of times, as that could result in hardware failure of the Router.
- Update Belkin Router firmware on a priority basis.
- Check the connection type for Belkin N600 Router, such as Dynamic IP connection, Static IP address, and PPPoE.
With that, the process of setting up a Belkin N600 Router concludes. If you come across any issue during the entire process, then you should consult experts for help.
We also provide support for Belkin router, so if you want to do wireless router setup, password reset or fix network connectivity settings, then take our help. To know Belkin Setup n600 and Belkin n600 Setup related issues, wifi extender not working issues and other range extender related issues, call us.