Belkin routers come along with a CD. However, the CD cannot be kept along always we lose these small objects with the time and then, there can be trouble if you have to again set up a router in new surroundings.
To your favor, Belkin router can be set up in two ways:-
- With the help of CD
- With the help of browser visiting the Belkin router setup page.
Belkin router setup, while not using a CD follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Make sure that you have internet connectivity to perform the tasks.
- The router is connected with modem and power source.
- In the browser search for the web setup page of the Belkin router.
Ways to make sure you have internet connectivity:
- Ensure that your device is receiving signals from the ISP.
- For better connectivity using an Ethernet cable from the modem to device.
- To confirm the internet connectivity, try to load some web pages on the browser and see if it opens or not. Otherwise, consult your ISP.
Way to connect router and modem:
- Arrange two Ethernet cables; one is to be used to establish a connection from the router to the modem.
- Another to establish a connection from Belkin router port to the internet port on the device.
- Before connecting the Belkin router to the computer, make sure that the power plug is on.
- Once the connection is established the LED lights on the Belkin router will start glowing. You need to wait till the light turns solid blue. In the case of amber light, you need to perform the following steps:
- Look out for the connection between the modem and the router.
- Switch off the device and then, again switch it on. If needed, disconnect the Router from the power source. Wait for half a minute and then, put is back again.
After this, your router will start showing Blue light. Now, perform the following steps.
- Make sure you are using an updated browser. Then search http://router and press enter. If this doesn’t let you access the page then, following IP address: 192.168.2.1.
- In some cases, your screen will open a prompt ‘Let’s connect to the internet’. Then, you need to press ‘Ok’ detect your device.
- Now this will form a secure internet connection with the device, alongside check for the updates.
- After this, prompt will appear on the screen asking you to enter Network ID and password then, click on ‘Save and Continue.’
- Once, the process is complete, it will open a registration window on this you need to enter your personal details.
- Once, details are complete, click on ‘Complete Registration’ followed by ‘Thanks, direct me to dashboard.’
- This will lead to the page, on which you can change the router settings.
After the above-mentioned steps, the Belkin router will be all set up and you can make the necessary changes as per your preference. You can connect various devices with it for internet connectivity.