A wireless router allows you to work from any location. Being able to access a printer via a Belkin wireless router makes your working environment even more flexible. There are three different ways to achieve printing through a Belkin wireless router, so you can choose the solution, which best suits your network.
What do you need?
- Wireless router
- USB and/or network cables
How to print with a wireless router with a USB port
- Purchase a Belkin wireless router that has a USB port for a printer. This is a feature to look for when purchasing a new wireless router because it provides better flexibility (and price) than other methods of printing from a wireless network.
- Install and configure the Belkin wireless router. The wireless router must function properly before you can actually print through it.
- Connect the printer to the wireless router by attaching the printer’s USB cable to the USB port on the router. All computers that have previously used this printer must now access the wireless network or a bridged wired network to remain able to print. Print using a network-capable printer.
- Purchase a printer with a network port, a port designed to be used in network environments. This feature is primarily intended for printers designed for use in an office environment, so this solution is likely to be more expensive, but more flexible.
- Install and configure the wireless router on your computer and the network.
- Connect the printer’s network cable to a wired port on the wireless router. This will also work if the printer is connected to another connected network.
- Print Using files and printers in a Windows operating system
- Install and have the printer on a configuring computer with Wi-Fi or connected to the wireless router.
- Check if the printer is working properly.
- Install “Share files and printers” on the computer with the printer. This allows the printer to be shared over the network. However, the computer will continue to become the printer for wireless clients to print via a Belkin router. It isn’t the most flexible solution, but it will work with existing equipment.
- Click on “Start > Control Panel > Printers and Faxes.”
- Select the printer to share and right click on it.
- Select “Sharing”.
- Place a check in the “Share this printer” option and give it a descriptive share name.
- Click on “OK”.
- Click on “Start > Control Panel > Printers and Faxes”. On the computer, that requires access printing via a Belkin wireless router.
- Select “add a printer”, and then press the “Next” button.
- Choose “a network printer” and again the “Next” button.
- Click on “find a printer,” then “Next.”
- Find the printer that you want to print and click on ‘Next’.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to set up the printer.
This is how you can connect a printer with your Belkin wireless router. In case, you find any issue with any of the aforementioned steps, then consult Belkin help and support providers.
We have been delivering the best support for Belkin router setup. If you are using a router of this particular brand and want to know how to set it up, then go through our Belkin wireless Router setup related information. You will find all the details regarding the setup of Belkin router, or you can visit the Belkin’s Website: https://www.belkin.com