A router is one of the key components when it comes to establishing a connection between two and more devices, therefore, it becomes pivotal for you to invest in Belkin. The name Belkin resonates with quality and reliability because the company has been manufacturing some of the most incredible routing devices for the past several years. Belkin routers are used all around the world, in residential as well as commercial setups. There are several Belkin router models available on the market with each having a different set of features to offer to users.
List of Current Belkin Routers
- N450 DB Wi-Fi Dual-Band N+ Router
- AC 1800 DB Wi-Fi Dual-Band AC+ Gigabit Router
- AC 1200 DB Wi-Fi Dual-Band AC+ Gigabit Router
- N300 Wi-Fi N Router
- N750 DB Wi-Fi Dual-Band N+ Gigabit Router
- Belkin AC 1200 DB Wi-Fi Dual-Band AC+ Router
- AC 750 DB Wi-Fi Dual-Band AC+ Router
- N600 DB Wireless Dual-Band N+ Router
- G54/N150 Wi-Fi Router
- AC1600 Wi-Fi Dual-Band AC+ Gigabit Router
- AC1900 Wi-Fi Dual-Band AC+ Gigabit Router
- AC 1750 DB Wi-Fi Dual-Band AC+ Gigabit Router
All these models are widely used by users all around the world. Out of these Belkin routers, N300 Wi-Fi N Router and N600 DB Wireless Dual-Band N+ Router are two of the most popular models due to their excellent abilities to provide fast and uninterrupted internet to users.
What Are The Steps For Belkin Router Setup?
In order to enjoy seamless internet service, make sure to set up the Belkin Router in the right way. Check out the entire process in the following section. The router used in the process is N600 DB Wireless Dual-Band N+ Router, but the steps are applicable on all router models.
Belkin N600 Setup
There are two ways to set up the Belkin N600 router.
- Using the setup CD that came with the router.
- Using the web-based setup page of the router.
1. Belkin Router Setup without Setup CD
Verify Internet Connection
You need to confirm whether the connection coming from your ISP (Internet Service Provider) is working or not.
- Connect your PC to the modem using an Ethernet cable without installing the router. The modem needs to be plugged into a power source.
- Check if the internet is working on your computer by opening a website.
Connect The Devices Together
- You need to connect Belkin N600 router to the modem in order to start with the setup process.
- Connect your modem to ‘Internet’ or ‘WAN’ port of the router.
- Plug your modem into a power source and do the same with the router.
- Connect your PC to any of the Ethernet or LAN ports of the router. If using a laptop, then connect it first with an Ethernet cable.
- Check the router lights that you can find at the upper panel, then wait for a few minutes or until you see the light turning solid blue. If the light has not turned solid blue, then check the connection between router and modem. You can power cycle the modem and router, as this will help re-establish communication between the two devices.
2. Accessing The Router’s Web-Based Setup Page
The next part of the Belkin N600 setup is configuring the router for wired and wireless internet connection.
- On your PC, launch a web browser and in the address bar, enter ‘192.168.2.1’ or type ‘http://router’ in the address bar.
- Go to ‘Let’s connect to the internet’ page and then, tap ‘Detect my connection’ option. The router will establish and test the connection along with checking for firmware updates.
- Once the connection is established, a prompt will appear asking you to modify your ‘Network Name and Password. So, add a new network name and password and then, tap the ‘Save & Continue’ button.
- The router is going to verify your network name and password, so wait until that happens. When it is done verifying, click ‘Great, What’s Next?’ button.
- Enter the necessary information on the ‘Register your Router Window’ followed by clicking ‘Complete Registration.
- Click ‘Thanks, Take me to the dashboard’ button now and you are going to be redirected to the dashboard where you can change N600 router settings.
That concludes Belkin wireless router setup process, so now, you can surf the web in a hassle-free manner.
Belkin Router is considered as one of the most reliable devices, but even then, problems seem to find a way to sneak into the devices and put its functioning to a standstill. Let’s take a look at to what those problems are:
Problems in Belkin Routers For Which You Need Instant Support:
- Can’t perform Belkin wireless router setup and configuration.
- Adjacent channel interfering in Belkin router.
- Unable to configure Belkin router wired and wirelessly.
- Can’t connect multiple devices to Belkin wireless router.
- Unable to update or retrieve the password for Belkin router.
- Can’t reset Belkin Router.
- IP addresses clashing with each other in Belkin router due to which, the internet is not working.
- Belkin N600 setup is done properly, yet not able to access the internet.
- Unable to setup Firewall connection properly.
- Can’t reconfigure settings in Belkin wireless router.
- DNS relay function of the Belkin router is broken.
- Unable to perform Belkin wireless router setup as the unit shows orange light.
- Successfully configure Belkin N300 router with the computer, yet the internet not working.
- Unable to setup wireless security on the Belkin router.
- Malware and/or spyware entered into the network causing disturbance in the functioning of the Belkin router.
- Belkin router not working after a power outage.
- Unable to connect internet when connecting to the network over Wi-Fi network.
- Belkin N600 router not working despite successful Belkin N600 router setup.
- PC can’t detect Belkin router despite several attempts.
- Unable to update the firmware of Belkin router.
- Despite the successful setup and configuration of the Belkin router, internet speed is very slow.
To fix these or any other problem arriving in Belkin Router, especially related to Belkin Router Setup, you will have to consult experts who are well versed with the technology used in Belkin routers. Only experts can guide you at the time when your router is not working properly. So, get in touch with Belkin router tech support facility for the right assistance.